Sometimes you feel like a Slut...

I saw something wonderous the other day as I walked back from work to the bus stop. There, just to the left, was a hanut- a miniature store just barely big enough for it's wares, of the type you find commonly in Morocco or other places in Africa.

And here's the bonus. It was the Slut Store!

Seattle's been expanding it's rail system, and that includes the South Lake Union Trolley. Laying down the rails kind of pissed off some of the local shop owners, because all the noise and commotion reduced their customers. One owner decided to make lemonade from lemons, and created new shirts, crying out "Ride the SLUT!"

The shirts became so popular that the store is now world famous, and I'm told Chinese radio announcers debate the meaning of the shirt. Some city planners lacking imagination decided to change the name of the tram to something less...evocative- the South Lake Union Streetcar.

I of course picked up my shirt today. Blue, to go with my eyes.

Comments

Popular Posts