Always ethereal, always eclectic, I write as the mood strikes, when there intrigue reveals itself. Usually that means something controversial or adventure of some sort.

I've tried really hard to be unprovocative, but have as yet been unsuccessful.

Sunday, 6 April 2008

The IRS Redeemed

I got a most encouraging letter in the mail today. Previously I discovered I owed money to the IRS, and that it was mostly because of errors on their part, though I made an intial error in how I stated that I did not owe the IRS taxes.

The letter states:
I have requested the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) correct your 2005 tax period by allowing the $21,437.20 Foreign Earned Income Exclusion claimed on line 21 of your return. I asked for this adjustment to be completed by April 15, 2008. Once the balance on 2005 is zero, the $95.37 credit from your 2006 return will be refunded to you, plus interest.

I will contact you again by May 2, 2008. At that time, I hope to be able to provide you with a transcript of the corrected 2005 account, as well as the 2006 refund amount and mailing date.

It would therefore seem about 85% likely that this issue may soon be finally resolved, and a great load off my back.

No comments: