Always ethereal, always eclectic, I write as the mood strikes, when there intrigue reveals itself. Usually that means something controversial or adventure of some sort.

I've tried really hard to be unprovocative, but have as yet been unsuccessful.

Tuesday, 12 February 2008

Clayton's Atonement for Old Men by Juno's Blood

How's that title for bad theology? I was at another Kindlings Muse, as with last year, on the theology within the Best Picture nominees. You can hear the entire podcast here, but I thought this time I'd give people a taste of what it's like to be at the podcast, there in the bar at Hales Ales. Here's the first few minutes- with a rather unusual beginning.
I got a question in this time- asking,

If Atonement happened in real life, I could pray, and I know that my prayers would be effectatious in some manner. I can help bring healing to the situation through prayer. Is there any place for prayer when viewing a movie like Atonement?
The answer was actually rather helpful. See minute 1:10:30 in the podcast for the answer.

No comments: