When a Tree Falls on You, Do You Make a Sound?

Moments ago, with a great crack and a crash, I became convinced that the RV was finally falling apart. I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter, and what to my eyes should appear, but a giant fallen tree, rotten at the core.

There is a collection of these trees around here, mostly dead except for the new life springing at their roots, and mostly cut to stumps to remove any danger of falling. But a few have not yet been cut, and there have been high winds today. This fell about 20 feet from the bow of the RV- had it hit, it would have assuredly caused great damage to the roof and bow.

This is what it looked like after it had been moved out of the way, further from the RV, and this is it's size in relation to the RV.

Comments

A said…
Interesting to see. While I can imagine it was more than disconcerting, seeing the photo makes it seem like a pleasant piece of old wood laying in the grass.
Jed Carosaari said…
I think you're like my only friend who read this and therefore knows it happened! :-)

Yeah- the photo is after the tree was moved; it landed a good deal closer to the RV.

I'll be in your town tomorrow night, before heading overseas out of O'Hare :-)

Popular Posts