Always ethereal, always eclectic, I write as the mood strikes, when there intrigue reveals itself. Usually that means something controversial or adventure of some sort.

I've tried really hard to be unprovocative, but have as yet been unsuccessful.

Tuesday, 28 October 2008

Set Free

Today, my cellphone stopped working. And I immediately praised God, maker of Heaven and Earth.

For two years, I have endured them. Hours spent on hold for customer service- hours on one call. Constant dropped calls, with occasional reimbursement. A gamble on if I would have reception in major American cities. And today, freedom. So many times, I had asked to be released from my contract. I simply wanted a cellphone that worked. I wanted to be able to call people, to receive calls, and be able to stay on calls. I wanted to be able to hear people when they talked. And so many times I was told that I had to simply endure bad service, because of the American two-year contract system. But yesterday, yesterday was the last day of my contract. Today, today I woke up, and the phone didn't work anymore. I am now free of the shackle of Sprint.

1 comment:

Omar Poppenlander said...

Cell phones are the spawn of Satan, the "Prince of the Power of the Air."

That is why I don't have one.

:-)